A regular membership meeting of the Ocean Grove Homeowners Association (OGHOA) was held on Saturday, September 17, 2022 in the Community Room and via Zoom.
The meeting was called to order by Richard Williams, President, at 10:05 am. Richard welcomed all and opened the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance. There were two Candidates Forums.
Candidate Forum 1:
Candidates for Neptune Township Committee
- Democratic Incumbents – Robert Lane and Tassie York
- Republican Challengers – Rachael Stotle and Shannon Kelly
Candidate Forum 2:
Candidates for Monmouth County Commissioner
- Republican Incumbents – Tom Arnone and Nick DiRocco
- Democratic Challenger – Bonnie Kass-Viola (note that candidate Kristal Dias was unable to attend)
Both highly engaging Forums had opening remarks from all candidates, extensive Q&A with our membership, and closing remarks.
- Township Committee Meetings – 09/26, 10/06, 10/24
- 09/17 -British Car Day, OG Beautification Fundraiser, Historical Society Virtual House Tour
- 09/20 – OGHOA sponsored Board of Education Candidates Forum
- 09/24 -Pound the Pavement Run
- 09/25 -World War I and World War II monument dedication
- 10/08 – Fall Harvest Festival (OGHOA will again have a membership table at the event
- 10/15 – Vintage Car Day
- 10/22 – OGHOA Meeting – Candidates Forum
- 10/29 – Jersey Shore Arts Center Trunk or Treat
The new Bike Path Committee – BOT member Eileen Kean provided a summary of a meeting held earlier in the week between CMA President Michael Badger and four BOT members of the newly formed Committee (other BOT members in attendance were Chair Barbara Burns, Theresa Checki and Ron Goldfaden). The meeting was to gather information on the proposed path which would be funded by a $500k NJ State grant and which is in its initial stages of development. Michael promised to provide additional information as it becomes available. No formal Position has been taken by the OGHOA on the Path.
The North End Development – In the absence of Joan Venezia, North End Committee Chair, Joyce Klein informed the group that the HPC, at a special meeting to be held on September 27th, will memorialize its rejection of the North End proposal.
There was a request from a member of the audience for the OGHOA to consider providing assistance for those requiring special accommodation. At the past two meetings a hearing impaired member has brought someone to sign the meeting. This request will be considered by the BOT.
The meeting adjourned at 11:55 am. Respectfully submitted, Theresa Checki, OGHOA Secretary