A regular meeting of the Ocean Grove Homeowner’s Association was held on Saturday, September 28, 2019 at the Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Community Room, 28 Pilgrim Pathway, Ocean Grove.
The meeting was called to order at 10:05 am by Richard Williams, Vice President.
A moment of silence was followed by the Flag salute.
Our first Candidates Forum had candidates for State Assembly—
Democratic incumbents Joanne Downey and Eric Houghtaling, and Republican challengers Michael Amoroso and Matthew Woolley were welcomed. Each candidate provided an opening statement followed by a lively discussion centered on questions from the audience. Topics included, environmental concerns, municipal consolidation, New Jersey taxes and the high cost of living in New Jersey. Each candidate closed with a brief summary statement.
- Richard acknowledged the passing of Ted Bell citing his many contributions to Ocean Grove.
- Today from 2-5 pm, there will be a “Cabaret on Main” for all to enjoy
- Saturday, October 5, 2019 is the annual OctoberFest on Main Avenue
- The next Township Committee meeting will be on Thursday, October 10
- The next Planning Board Meeting will be held on November 13, but we are not certain whether the North End Development Proposal will be ready for discussion at that meeting.
- The Board of Trustees plan to review and revise the current By-laws . Any input is welcomed, and know that changes to the By-laws must be approved by the membership.
Parking Committee — Joyce Klein reported that the were no real updates. The Township Committee has allocated $8,000 in the 2019 budget for a parking consultant, but one has not yet been engaged. The Better Parking Alliance Citizen group has just completed a survey of Ocean Grove residents re parking issues and the results will be forthcoming.
North End – the Township Committee has approved OGNET as the developer, but the agreement has not yet been signed.
The meeting adjourned at 11:15 am.
Respectfully submitted, Theresa R. Checki, Secretary