A regular meeting of the OGHOA was held on Saturday, October 28th, 2023, in the Camp Meeting Community Room, 28 Pilgrim Pathway.
The meeting was called to order by Richard Williams, President, at 10:05 am. The Pledge of Allegiance was followed by a Welcome to all.
Our Neptune Police Liaison, Matt Kocen, in response to questions, discussed crimes of opportunity and advised all be smart and vigilant. Other issues raised were Halloween, the Homeless problem and e-bikes.
SPECIAL PROGRAM ON LEGAL ISSUES
Our speakers were OGHOA members Barbara Burns, Past President, Robert Ingato and JP Thompson. The formation of a new OGHOA committee, The Legal Committee, was announced. The purpose of this Committee is inform, educate and advise by researching issues pertinent to Ocean Grove. Its goals are to promote reasoned and civil discussion based on facts, engage with State, County and Township representatives and to support and be of value to our residents. It is not a group seeking to litigate. The Committee is looking for two additional members. If interested, please reach out to Barbara.
Barbara discussed the issues surrounding the North End Development.
Robert Ingato discussed the Sunday beach litigation.
JP Thompson mentioned a numbered current and potential future issues, including property tax law, maintenance of sidewalks and parks, fitness path, Homeowner rights, enforceability of CMA Regulations.
Member questions followed.
- Early voting starts today and ends Sunday November 5th – Neptune Senior Center at 1607 Corlies Avenue
- Regular voting on Tuesday November 7th
- The OGCMA at its October Board of Trustees meeting elected a new President – Nancy Ann Gillan — who took office on October 21st.
- Upcoming Township Meeting
- Monday November 13th and Monday November 27th
- Richard reported updates for Comitteeman Robert Lane:
- Fletcher Lake bulkhead dedication
- Veteran’s banners along Broadway
- Halloween Pet Parade 11:45am
- Trunk or Treat at the Jersey Shore Arts Center 2:00 – 4:00pm
- Trunk or Treat at 70 Stockton Avenue 5:00 – 5:00pm
- Saturday November 25th – Our next HOA Meeting
- Saturday November 25th – Small Business Saturday 1:00pm – 3:00pm music on Main Avenue – SHOP LOCALLY!!
- Saturday December 2nd – Chamber’s Annual Victorian House Tour 11:00am to 4:00pm
- Tickets go on sale on November 1st and can be purchased at com.Presale tickets are $35 and are $40 the day of the event.
- Interested in participating with your home or volunteering? Email the OGACC at email@example.com more information. Volunteers/Docents will receive two complimentary tickets for the tour
- Finally, a save the date – Saturday December 16th – for our Annual Holiday Party at 9:00am at the Jersey Shore Arts Center.
- Note that it is the 3rd Saturday of the month
- Start time is earlier at 9;00am
2023 Board of Trustees Election:
- This year there were three candidates for two, 4-year positions on the BOT. Upon entering the meeting room, attendees were requested to check in so that voting eligibility (member of OGHOA prior to July 1) could be verified. An index card was given to each eligible member. Richard described the voting process and introduced the candidates, Ron Goldfaden, Ric Kleinbart and Joyce Venezia, who each spoke for 3 minutes. Paper ballots were exchanged for the index cards and voting members placed them in voting boxes. Election results: Venezia 51, Goldfaden 45 and Kleinbart 34.
- We announced the formation of the new Green Committee under the guidance of Chair Dr Philip Orton. He spoke a bit about the reformation of this committee and announced its members. He also did a presentation on sand dunes, their height and the effects of beach replenishment. Questions followed.
- NorthEnd Committee—Joan Venezia addressed questions on the development’s status.
- Preservation Committee—Ron Goldfaden provided an update. He also mentioned a program “Help a Neighbor Get Connected” for those who might need some financial assistance to fund needed repairs.
- Membership—Richard Williams reported that a new membership interface program was being worked on and also a revised HOA Website is being developed. It will include an OGHOA calendar for upcoming events in town. More information to come at our November meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:36am. Respectfully submitted by Theresa Checki, Secretary OGHOA.