A meeting of the OGHOA was held on Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 10 am at Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Community Room, 28 Pilgrim Pathway, Ocean Grove.
Barbara Burns, OGHOA President welcomed our guests — Candidates Carol Rizzo, Robert Lane, Kendra Hogan, Gary Moll, Tom Arnone and Dominic DiRocco, as well as Messrs. Michael Badger and Jamie Jackson from the Camp Meeting Association.
The meeting was opened with a prayer followed by the Flag salute.
- Election day is Tuesday, November 5 — Don’t forget to vote.
- The Halloween Trolley tour, organized by the Ocean Grove Chamber of Commerce and narrated by Ted David, is today.
- The Holiday House Tour will be Saturday, December 7.
- Sign up to participate in the “Lights of Ocean Grove” — decorations should be in place by December 8.
- The OGNED North End Presentation before the Neptune Planning Board is November 13. Plan to attend.
- Our November guest speaker will be Captain Michael McGhee of the Neptune Police Department.
- The OGHOA annual Holiday Party, catered by the Starving Artist, will be held on December 14 at 9:00am in the Community Room.
Treasurers Report – George Germann reviewed the state of the HOA’s treasury. We are in very sound condition.
Candidates for Monmouth County Freeholder — Tom Arnone and Dominic DiRocco. Each candidate provided an opening statement and concluded with a closing statement. Lively discussion followed questions from the audience.
Candidates for the Neptune Township Committee — Democratic incumbents Carol Rizzo and Robert Lane and Republican challengers Kendra Hogan and Gary Moll. Again 2- minute opening and closing statements with many questions from the floor.
The meeting adjourned at Noon
Respectfully submitted, Theresa R. Checki, Secretary