A regular meeting of the Ocean Grove Homeowners Association was held on Saturday, March 24, 2018, at 10 am at the Camp Meeting Association Community Room, 24 Pilgrim Pathway, Ocean Grove.
The meeting was called to order by Barbara Burns, President, at 10:10 am with a prayer followed by the flag salute.
Barbara made the following announcements:
- Board of Education election is Tuesday, April 17, at the Olin fire house.
- Spring Fling is Saturday, May 5. A sign-up sheet for volunteers will be circulated.
- A posting on Blogfinger reminds everyone that walks must be shoveled within 12 hours after snow has stopped.
A new Liaison from the Neptune Police Department to the OGHOA — Officer Christopher Monahan — has been appointed. His reach information is Christopher Monahan, Badge #187, Telephone 732-988-8000, ext. 787. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. He cautioned everyone to be aware of phone scams, and if you see something, say something.
Treasurers Report — In George Germann’s absence, Barbara reported that the accounts were In very good order.
In a general update, Barbara related:
- Parking — Apparently limited time parking for the central business district is still being considered by the Township.
- North End — No agreement yet has been reached between the CMA and the developer WAVE.
- The OGHOA has begun exploring whether payment of dues can be handled electronically.
Candidates Forum — Three of the five candidates running for three seats on the Board of Education participated in the Forum—Laura Granelli, Incumbent, Monica Kowalski-Lodato, Incumbent and Mark Matson accepted the invitation to our meeting. Chanta Jackson, Incumbent and Jerome Hubbard were unable to attend. Following a brief presentation by each of the candidates, questions on a broad range of topics followed. Each of the candidates concluded with a closing statement.
The meeting adjourned at 11:10 am
Respectfully submitted, Theresa Checki, Secretary for the OGHOA