A regular membership meeting of the Ocean Grove Homeowners Association (OGHOA) was held on Saturday, April 27, 2022 in the Community Room and via Zoom.
The meeting was called to order by Richard Williams, President, at 10:00 am. Richard welcomed all and opened the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Guest Performance Segment:
The OGHOA was treated to a special performance by the award-winning Scarlet Sound, the Neptune High School Acapella Group, singing three group numbers.
Afterward, Trustee Bob Lamont introduced James Fryer, music teacher at the High school and Director of the group, who then introduced the individual performers. Bob kicked off a dialogue between himself and James by reading a statement from Tami Crater, Superintendent of Neptune Township School System, highlighting the district’s support for the arts in schools. James spoke specifically about the arts endeavors and programs in Neptune, starting in the elementary schools all the way through high school.
Richard indicated that the OGHOA would be making a donation to the Music Program of the High School, and and stated that similar donations from the audience would be most welcomed.
- Mondays June 13th & 27th – Township Meetings
- Today, Saturday May 28th – Ladies Auxiliary: Plant Sale, 9am to 1pm, Ocean Grove Auditorium Pavilion
- Today, Saturday May 28th – Shuffleboard Open House, 11am to 1pm
- Sunday May 29th – Memorial Day Service at 1pm at Veterans Memorial Park at 703 Old Corlies Avenue
- Monday May 30th – Memorial Day Parade starts at 10:30 am at the Municipal Building and goes east on Route 33 to the Memorial Park at the entrance to Ocean Grove and Broadway where there will be a Memorial Service including the lowering of the flags, gun volley, and taps. Then the parade continues to the Great Auditorium for a Camp Meeting ceremony.
- Tuesday June 1 – Flag raising ceremony for Pride month at 6:00pm at the Municipal Building located at 25 Neptune Boulevard.
- Saturday, June 4th – Giant Spring Flea Market, 9am to 4pm, Ocean Pathway
- Sunday, June 5th – Neptune Township’s Hooked on Fishing, not Drugs, 9am to Noon, Hamilton Firehouse Pond on Jumping Brook Road
- Monday, June 6th – the 17th annual Cops vs. Kids Wiffle Ball Game, 4pm, Neptune High School
- Wednesday, June 8th – next HPC OGNED design Zoom review meeting
- Saturday June 18th – Juneteenth Day Flag Raising, 10am to 11am, Neptune Township Municipal Meeting
- Saturday June 18th – Juneteenth Day Celebration, 11am to 2pm, Midtown Commons Park on West Lake Avenue
- Friday June 24th – Chamber’s tour of the Beautiful Gardens of Ocean Grove, 11am to 4pm
- Saturday June 25th – next HOA Meeting, 10am, Community Room
- Saturday June 25th – Ken Buckley Memorial, 11:30am, Auditorium Park
- Saturday June 25th – Parking Alert: CMA Bridgefest, 10am to 5pm
OGHOA Reports and Updates:
- Parking Committee: Joyce Klein spoke with representatives of the Township Committee and with respect to short-term actions they they will focus on time-limited parking in the business district.
- Airbnb – Richard advised that the township is developing a proposal, hopping to have a first draft at their next meeting.
- Preservation Committee – Trustee Ron Goldfadden will chair this Committee for the HOA, replacing Trustee Nancy Clarke who wants to run for Treasurer. Rin noted that although there are currently just three derelict structures in Ocean Grove that the Township has formally designated in need of repair, several other homes are in need of repair and their status will be looked into. Ron promised that the Preservation Committee will assist HOA members in reporting to the township any others that they feel warrant special attention.
Nominations will be made at the June meeting for four Officer positions – President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Furthermore, there will be two Board of Trustee openings and if anyone is interested in running, please contact President Richard Williams (elections will be held at the July meeting and in order to vote, you must be a paid-up member of the HOA in good standing.)
The meeting adjourned at 11:00am. Respectfully submitted, Theresa R. Checki, OGHOA Secretary.