A regular meeting of the OGHOA was held on Saturday, Saturday June 24th, 2023 at 10:00 am, in the Camp Meeting Community Room, 28 Pilgrim Pathway.
The meeting was called to order by Joyce Klein, Vice President, at 10:05 am (President Richard Williams was present but had not been able to prepare for the meeting.) Joyce introduced special guests Natalie Stewart, interim CMA COO, and Township Committeeman Rob Lane, and then led all in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Board of Trustee member Paul Kaplan introduced our guest speaker Ted David — author, attorney, professor… and Ocean Grove historian. Ted’s wonderful presentation was on fun and quirky historical highlights of the growth of Ocean Grove – it was informative, comprehensive and highly entertaining. Enthusiastic member comments and questions followed.
Nominations for two Board of Trustee positions:
- Two seats for the OGHOA Board of Trustees are up for election in July. Joyce accepted nominations for current trustees Ron Goldfaden and Joan Venezia, who were both in attendance. A third nomination was made from the floor Ric Kleinbart who was not present.
Appointment of a new Board of Trustee member:
- Joyce advised the membership that President Richard Williams had appointed Leah Ross to the Board of Trustees to fill the remainder of the term of Mark Kourey who had passed away in May.
- Upcoming July Township Committee Meeting dates
- July 1 – Ocean Grove Independence Day Parade
- July 5-7 – Ladies Auxiliary Book Sale
- Special thanks were given to Betsy Kaplan and Katy Roessle for their efforts in organizing the highly successful “Art on the Porch” event.
- August 4 – Chamber of Commerce House Tour
- Hold the date: August 26 – HOA Breakfast at the Olin Street Firehouse
- North End Committee – Joan Venezia could only report more postponements of the OGNED lawsuit. She did, however, report that a comprehensive summary of the history of the OGHOA involvement with the North End redevelopment had been posted on the OGHOA website
- Preservation Committee – Ron Goldfaden reported on the progress of the committee, summarizing the status of the homes identified by the Township as derelict properties.
- Treasurer’s report – Nance Clarke provided the final 2022 OGHOA financial statement. To date in 2023 the OGHOA has 473 members — slightly more than the 2022 total of 471. If any member needs to find out the status of his/her membership, contact us at OGHOAtreasurer@gmail.com.
- Past president Barbara Burns detailed the differences between Township ordinances and CMA rules — many member questions ensued.
The meeting was adjourned at 12 noon. Respectfully submitted by Theresa Checki, Secretary OGHOA.