A regular meeting of the Ocean Grove Homeowner’s Association was held on Saturday, June 22, 2019 at the Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Room, 28 Pilgrim Pathway, Ocean Grove.
The meeting was called to order by Barbara Burns, President, at 10:10 am.
Barbara welcomed guests Jamie Jackson and Mike Badger of the Camp Meeting Association, and Rob Lane of the Neptune Township Committee. Barbara opened the meeting with a Prayer followed by the Flag salute.
- Joyce Klein sadly announced the unexpected death of Ken Buckley, a longtime member of the BOT of the Homeowners Association, as well as many other organizations in town. He will be greatly missed.
- The Beautification Committee is looking for volunteers; contact Connie Ogden for information.
- Robert Lamont has been appointed to fill Ken’s unexpired term on the BOT.
- Ladies Auxiliary Book Sale – June 27-29.
- The speaker at the July Homeowners meeting will be Mark Koury, a member of the BOT. He will discuss cyber security.
There was not a treasurers report today, but George Germann has informed me that membership is up and that we are in good shape financially.
Homeowners BOT election—two seats on the BOT will be expiring. Nominations were made and seconded for Joyce Klein and Joan Venezia to continue as trustees.
Guest Speakers: Bill Gannon and Joel Brudner of OGNED (Ocean Grove North End Development) presented both what has been happening on the development of the North End and what will occur going forward. An interesting history of that area starting back in 1910 was presented. The proposed plan was discussed although it still requires approval by several governmental bodies. Many questions ensued.
The meeting adjourned at 11:30 am.
Respectfully Submitted, Theresa Checki, Secretary