A regular meeting of the Ocean Grove Homeowner’s Association was held on Saturday, January 25, 2020, at 10 am at the Camp Meeting Association Community Room, 28 Pilgrim Pathway, Ocean Grove.
The meeting was called to order by Barbara Burns, President, at 10:10 am. Barbara welcomed guests:
- Rob Lane, Mayor, Neptune Township, Michael Badger and Jamie Jackson, Camp Meeting Association.
A Prayer was followed by the Flag salute.
- February is Black History month. Neptune Township and the Neptune Board of Education will present a program on Black history on Saturday, February 15, from Noon to 3 pm in the performing arts center at Neptune High School.
- The OG Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring 2 events during February—the Hunt for Hearts, Saturday, February 8 from 10 am to 4 pm for which game sheets are available at the Chamber office, 81 Main Avenue — and Girls Getaway Weekend, February 21-23.
- The HOA February Speaker will be Bob Waitt, President of the OG Historical Society
Capt. Michael McGhee indicated that he contacted the Neptune Post Office to remind all mail carriers to identify themselves when making deliveries.
- To our members for their generosity—a $500 donation was made to the Neptune High School Chamber singers following its performance at the HOA Holiday breakfast to help fund its participation in an upcoming competition at Disney World.
- To Ocean Grove United–its January fundraiser at Sea Grass raised $3,722 to help support the recovery of Sam Jarmer, the Ocean Grove lifeguard who was injured this past summer.
Treasurer’s Report—George Germann, Treasurer reported that the OGHOA is in excellent financial condition and that membership and account balances are up.
North End—Barbara Burns provided a detailed update.
Program Speakers: Thea Bowers, a realtor and Matt Nolan, an appraiser were the HOA guest speakers. Their topic was Property values in OG and the factors that influence home sale prices; how values and sale prices affect tax assessments, and the tax appeal process. Much information was provided. Questions and a lively discussion followed their presentations.
The meeting adjourned at 11:25 am.
Respectfully submitted, Theresa R. Checki, Secretary