Ocean Grove Homeowners Association Meeting
A regular membership meeting of the Ocean Grove Homeowners Association was held on Saturday, February 22, 2020 at 10 am at the Camp Meeting Room, 28 Pilgrim Pathway, Ocean Grove, NJ.
Barbara Burns, President welcomed Michael Badger and Jamie Jackson of the Camp Meeting Association. Barbara opened the meeting with a prayer followed by the Flag Salute.
- A fire on February 6 on Broadway took the life of Michael Jennings and injured his wife Catherine. Friends have started a GoFundMe campaign to assist with expenses. If you wish to donate, go to www.gofundme.com/f/jennings-family-fundraiser.
- The OG Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring The Girl Friends Getaway Weekend, February 21-23. Details are on the Chamber website.
- Toiletry donations – JoAnn Downey, Eric Houghtaling and Vin Gopal are sponsoring a drive to collect toiletries for Monmouth County women’s shelters and non-profits. Toiletries can be dropped off at 802 W. Park Avenue, Building B, Suite 302, Ocean Township.
- Work has begun on the reconstruction of the south end of the Boardwalk. Work should be completed by Memorial Day.
- The 2020 Census will soon be underway. It is important that all respond. Census results are used to allocate federal and state funds to municipalities and to determine the size of the states’ congressional districts. Dianna Harris, president of MURC will be at our March meeting to answer questions.
ByLaws Revision—OGHOA ByLaws are being redrafted by the ByLaws Committee. The draft revision will be presented to the membership at its March meeting. There will not be a scheduled speaker at that meeting – the meeting will be devoted to discussing those proposed ByLaw revisions (and any others topics raised by the membership).
There was no Treasurer’s Report
There was no North End report
Bob Waitt, president of the Historical Society of Ocean Grove provided an update on the improvements at the Society’s museum and offices as well as programming for 2020. A discussion followed.
Some other general discussion and questions followed on parking, banning bicycles on boardwalk during summer months, police presence on the boardwalk, rules for dumpsters…
The meeting adjourned at 10:50 am.
Theresa Checki, Secretary