The Annual Summer Breakfast Meeting of the OGHOA was held on Saturday, August 27, 2022 at the Olin Street Firehouse. The venue was very special and attendance was excellent with a sell-out group of about 100. President Richard Williams opened the breakfast with the Pledge of Allegiance at 9:10am.
Bob McEwan, Chairman of the Board of Fire Commissioners, welcomed the group and extended an invitation to the OGHOA to hold future meetings at the Firehouse. To show its appreciation the OGHOA did make a donation to the fire department.
As in past years, a number of state, county, and local elected officials were invited and asked to say a few words on programs and projects involving their areas of responsibility. Attending were:
- State Senator Vin Gopal
- State Assemblywomen Kimberly Eulner and Marilyn Piperno
- Monmouth County Commissioners Tom Arnone and Nick DiRicco, accompanied by Monmouth County Sheriff Sean Golden
- Unfortunately, at the last minute Neptune Township Mayor Nick Williams could not attend as he had to officiate at a wedding.
The attendees were graciously welcomed and addressed many questions from the Audience.
Richard praised and thanked retiring Treasurer George Germann, presenting him with a small gift in appreciation of his 10 years of outstanding service to the HOA. Richard then welcomed Nancy Clarke as George’s successor, as well as new members of the Board of Trustees Paul Kaplan and Eileen Kean.
It was announced that September 17th would be the first of our two OGHOA Candidate Forums, this one with two forums — Candidates for Township Committee and Candidates for Monmouth County Commissioner. Please note that this meeting is one week earlier than would be our normal meeting date.
- Township Meetings: back to two Township Meetings per month – Monday September 12 and 26
- Wednesday August 30 – Final Summer Band Concert: 7:30pm – 8:30pm at the Boardwalk Pavilion
- Saturday September 10 – Neptune Days: Noon – 5pm Neptune Middle school on Heck Avenue (rain date September 11)
- Saturday September 10 – Chamber Giant Fall Flea Market: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Saturday September 17 – Jersey Shore Arts Center Run for the Arts 5K 2022: 9:00am at the JSAC
- Saturday September 17 – British Car Show on Main Avenue
- Saturday September 17th & Sunday the 18th – Ocean Grove Beautification Project Fund-raising breakfast at the Starving Artist
- Tuesday September 20 – League of Women Voters Board of Education Candidates Forum sponsored by the OGHOA
- Saturday September 24 – Pound the Pavement Cancer Run
- Sunday September 25 – Re-dedication Ceremony of the World War I and II Memorials at the Broadway entrance to Ocean Grove
Richard thanked everyone for coming to the breakfast and the meeting was adjourned at 10:35 am.
Respectfully submitted by Theresa Checki, OGHOA Secretary