A meeting of the Ocean Grove Homeowner’s Association was held on Saturday, July 27, 2019, at 10 am at the Camp Meeting Community Room, 28 Pilgrim Pathway, Ocean Grove.
The meeting was called to order by Barbara Burns, President of the OGHOA, at 10:05 am.
A prayer was followed by the Flag salute.
- John Shaw, a long-time member and former President of the OG Camp Meeting Association as well as an authority and restorer of pipe organs died earlier this week.
- Ocean Grove lifeguard, Sam Jarmer, was seriously injured while working this week.
- The third and final presentation of talks on Ocean Grove history will be Friday, August 2 at 4 pm at the Jersey Shore Arts Center. Catherine Felix will discuss the origins and significance of Victorian teas. Refreshments will be served.
- House Tour- The OG Historical Society will conduct its Annual House Tour on Friday, August 9 from 10:30 am-4:00 pm. Tickets may be purchased at the museum on Pitman Avenue in advance for $35.00 or on the day of the tour for $40.00.
- The Camp Meeting Capital Campaign is underway; goal is $1.5 Million. Donations may be earmarked for specific aspects of the project.
- The Homeowner’s Annual Breakfast, catered by the Starving Artist, will be held on Saturday, August 24 at the Camp Meeting Community Room. Tickets will be available for purchase.
Treasurer’s Report – In Treasurer George Germann‘s absence, Barbara Reported that everything is in good financial order.
Board of Trustees election — Joyce Klein and Joan Venezia were re-elected to the OGHOA’s Board of Trustees.
Our Guest Speaker
OGHOA Trustee Mark Kourey, an expert in cyber security, shared some thoughts on protecting your privacy and identity online. Mark’s presentation was most informative and prompted lots of discussion and questions.
The meeting was adjourned at 11 am.
Respectfully submitted, Theresa R. Checki, Secretary