A regular meeting of the OGHOA was held on Saturday, Saturday April 22nd, 2023 at 10 am, in the Camp Meeting Community Room, 28 Pilgrim Pathway.
OPENING The meeting was called to order by Richard Williams, President, at 10:05 am. The Pledge of Allegiance was followed by recognition of special guests.
Our guest speaker was Robert Ingato, an Ocean Grove resident for the last 10 years and an accomplished lawyer. Robert, on his own time, has done extensive research on the laws governing public rights to access and use beaches in New Jersey. He spoke at great length on the Public Trust Doctrine covering public access and beach rights. He provided a thorough historical perspective as well as specifics on key litigation affecting beach access in Jersey Shore towns over the past 40+ years. A lengthy question and answer period followed Robert’s formal presentation.
- Upcoming events in May included two Township Committee meetings, the Spring Fling, the Ladies Auxiliary Plant Sale, the Neptune United Food Drive, Vintage Car Show, and multiple Memorial DayWeekend festivities
- Special Mention was made of the Installation of 44 banners along Broadway commemorating our Veterans.
- Next HOA Meeting May 27th with Guest Speaker Dianna Harris, President of the Midtown Urban Renaissance Corporation.
Committee and BOT Reports:
- Barbara Burns discussed short-term rentals and Certificate of Inspection requirements and related fees as the statues apply to the CMA, its tents and cottages.
- Parking – no report
- North End – again no new news with ongoing postponements of legal case hearings
- Preservation – Ron Goldfaden reported much progress being made in managing the houses in town in need of serious repair or demolition.
- Finance – Treasurer Nancy Clarke informed that 5013c status for the OGHOa has been approved by the IRS. All contributions to HOA are now tax deductible.
- Bike Path – no report
The meeting was opened for additional questions and comments.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:42am. Respectfully submitted by Theresa Checki, Secretary OGHOA.